Metro West GLRS is proud to offer a library facility with books and media available for patron check-out. These materials are available to school staff, parents, and other interested stakeholders. Topics include academic support, technology access, parenting skills, disability-specific resources, and journals/reference materials.
CREATE PATRON ACCOUNT
To access materials, please create a patron account. Once we verify your account information you will be provided a Patron Barcode. This will be your number to check out materials located in the center.
CHECK OUT eBOOKS
Patrons may check out eBooks and read them on electronic devices using FOLLETT SHELF.
To access eBooks online, GLRS will create a Follett Shelf account for each patron.
Login access will be allowed through the assigned username and password.
Email email@example.com if you have questions or problems creating your account.
LIBRARY POLICIES & PROCEDURES
- Any person working with children with disabilities may borrow materials
- Parents and/or guardians may borrow materials
- Each patron is responsible for materials.
- Materials must be replaced if they are lost, stolen, or damaged.
- The loan period for materials is four (4) weeks.
- Patrons may renew items if they are not on reserve for another borrower.
- Renewals may be made in person or by telephone.
- There is a limit of six (6) items which may be checked out at one time.
- Overdue notices are made after four (4) weeks.
- If patron does not respond to return request, a memo is sent to them with carbon copy to their school administrator and/or Special Education Director informing them of responsibility for unreturned, lost, or stolen materials.
- When items are lost, the replacement cost is found by using the original vendor’s most recent catalog price or an other vendor with the same item.